Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bull tattoo

How can a simple bull tattoo be interesting? I asked myself this question till today, until I read about bull tattoo meaning. It turns out that bull tattoo can symbolize a number of different aspects, depending on the form of the bull image.

First of all bull tattoo can refer to religion - I was amazed to discover that almost every major ancient and modern religion used bull as an important symbol. In some cases bull symbolized gods, in some cases it symbolized the sun or the sacrifice.

Then I found out, that due to the crucial role of cattle in human history, bulls are considered to be herd protectors. Thus they are symbols of family, protection of the household and fertility.

Last but not least, bull tattoo meaning might be connected to tough physical work, conservative philosophy of life and sometimes slow thinking. I bet you never thought about bull tattoo meaning that way!

This is so far away from pop cultural bull tattoo meanings based mostly on some "this is my Zodiac sign" ;). Bull tattoos not only and distinctive and cool looking, but they have an amazing meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment